Friday, June 6, 2008

Really? Inspired Reiki?

I know the title of this blog is left wanting. Wanting to be more exciting, that is. In fact, as I am nearing the end (it feels like the end, anyway) of my apprenticeship I am realizing that I have a focus on healers and I want more of an edge in energy work. I don't especially relate to the typical view of energy workers. I know that a few folks I have worked with are not airy-fairy about their practice, but I'm wondering if there is room for energy work with an edge?

I already know that I work well with other folks who can channel/flow energy. I'm pretty down to earth in my estimation. While I, of course, talk to people who aren't physically in front of me, I see them pretty clearly. Some people have really good intuition. Intuition is to thought as psychic abilities are to the senses. I can see, hear, sense, and smell energy. It's real to me. Just like intuition is real. I haven't been able to taste energy yet...:)
I hear distinct voices and see specific things. Stuff comes to me intuitively and sometimes I am not even a part of the genesis of the thought. It's not freaky anymore. Ever since I was little I've been able to do it. I get better and better, as I become a better channel and energy worker.

So I will let the 'energy work with an edge' concept sit with me more. Something will come to me.

I'm giving my first Reiki attunement(s) on Sunday. I haven't given one, much less a group of them, but this group is special. I know them all personally and they are all healers already so I don't imagine it will be a hard attunement. In fact, I am looking forward to being able to channel more energy myself, and creating healing partnerships with this group.

My eating has been affecting my energy transmission. I can hold energy just fine, but I find that I am MUCH better when I am not stuffing my energy down, or making it really hard to flow through me. Raw food really helps with that.

I have been blocking (or at least impeding) my 2nd chakra. I know what the issues are, but I keep doing it. Soon I will choose to stop doing it. I will take a deep breathe and move into that space in a conscious and healthy way. Yay!

I'll update soon about how Sunday goes...

No comments: