Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Letting the Energy Move Through Me

This is an interesting new thing I've been doing...er, allowing, lately. When a client comes in for Reiki, I simply get them to share some stuff and then we "get to work." But since I've been doing this spiritual apprenticeship, I'm not really doing much. Well, I am observing, witnessing, and being aware, but I don't get into people's fields (like I used to) and "try to help." I'm using quotation marks because the way I am doing Reiki now is TOTALLY different than how I used to do it. And the SA is helping me see that I don't need to get into people's fields to be helpful or to prove myself as a healer. In fact, I find that I am able to see, hear, do, and be more the farther away I stay. The work seems to be deep (I have an awesome group of willing and open clients right now) but I don't need the slow dissent into the work, I simply call my guides, call their guides, and watch. It's awesome.

Today is my Dad's birthday. I don't usually commemorate his death, because I rather enjoy thinking about his birthday instead. He'd be 64 years old, I think. He's a year older than my mom. I was thinking today about when he used to brush my hair and immediately, I felt his hands touch my head, like he used to do. I have shorter hair now, so there's no hair-brushing, but it was a nice, comforting, warm feeling. I cried. Ricardo will be the Poppi for my kids because they need to have a Poppi, but my Dad will be Grandpa Richard and I know they will know and need him as well. Especially when I give birth and when they need some watching over. It's something I realized was really cool to do, have a 5th dimension guide, for my kids while they are still in Spirit, waiting to grace us with their presence.

I know that they will have contact with Grandpa Richard when they need to and it's really helpful for me because I don't want to have to keep harping on the death part. Our kids are pretty hip to the Spirit scene already so I have no doubt that this will not be lost on them.

Happy Birthday Dad!

No comments: